Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful Day 3

I'm a day late for Day 3 but yesterday was spent in many places with many different people.

For Day 3, I am Thankful for the Internet.  The Internet allows me to have this blog, keep up with friends and family, research anything, and shop 'till I drop.  The last one I would like to do more often but there are other needs to consider, like heat, electricity and food.  Online shopping is the best.  You don't have to drive anywhere, you can shop in your pajamas with crazy hair and no makeup, there are no annoying sales people to get in your way and the list goes on.  One really good thing about Internet shopping is that people leave reviews on the items they purchase.  I know they are all subjective but when you have to make a large purchase it's nice to know if what you are looking at is a good choice or complete crap. 

Humerously, after my Day 2 post about how thankful I am for my home and all its problems and quirks my oven died.  Just before I put our pizza spirals in the oven I heard a very loud buzzing sound.  I looked around the kitchen and my oven was lit up like the 4th of July.  There were sparks flying everywhere.  I immediately turned off the oven and yelled for my husband. We both just stood and stared at the oven.  The sparks continued to make their way around the heating element so we unplugged it before anything serious happened.  I sent my brother a text, who is an electrician, and asked and answered a series of questions.  It was determined that we needed to get a new oven.  *Sigh*  This was not an expense I had planned on and I knew it wasn't going to be cheap. 

Jef spent sometime looking through various websites to find an oven that will fit and will sort of fit into our budget.  Jef is really good about researching products and reads all the reviews on them so I knew he would find us a good one.  I put in my wants and needs for it and yesterday we purchased a new oven. We will have to wait a few days for it to get here but in the mean time, I will use my crock pot and grill to make sure we have healthy meals to eat at night. Thank you Internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment