Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Day 13

I was not an avid reader growing up.   I think because it required you to sit still and I had more important things to do.  I read because I had to.  Things are different now.  Somewhere into my 20's I was introduced to the Harry Potter series and after that I was hooked.  My mom loves to read (she is a reading teacher) and was always reading something. My dad and her would talk about certain books and how great they were and I would just roll my eyes and think they were crazy.  I hated when my mom wanted to go into a bookstore and look around. I couldn't understand why she wanted to spend what felt like and eternity in store with books.  Now I am that crazy person talking about books and dragging my girls through the bookstore.  I guess you do grow up and become your like your parents.  :)

 Today I am thankful for books and the escape it gives me to run away from reality for a few hundred pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment