Friday, February 15, 2013

The Week in Lunches 2/11-2/15

 Here is the lunch round up for this week.  
On Monday I sent my "love bugs" and cute buggie lunch. They each had a PB&Apple butter ladybug and heart sandwich.  I tried to put antenna on the ladybug but they didn't work.  They also had heart cucumbers and heart grape tomatoes, blueberries and blackberries on heart picks.
Tuesday was Mardi Gras so I sent the girls a fun Fat Tuesday Lunch.  They had a PB&Apple Butter "King Cake" sandwich, veggie sticks, yogurt with frozen strawberries and sprinkles, blueberries and blackberries.
On Wednesday I sent big hugs and kisses for lunch.  The girls had PB&Apple butter heart sandwiches with fruit leather X & O's, sour cream and onion corn puffs, cucumbers and grape tomatoes, kiwi and blueberries, 2 cherry yogurt pretzels, and a Mini Dipper with Nature's Bounty snack mix from our February Nature Box.  I also sent them a Vitamin C packed smoothie made with frozen mango and pineapple, a banana, almond milk and a little orange juice.  The flu and strep throat have been going around and I am doing my best to keep us healthy.  
Happy Valentine's Day!  Thursday was a very hectic day for this mama.  I have been having problems swallowing food recently and I had to have an endoscopy done.  I was so nervous, especially without my husband.  I had a really good friend go with me but I was still so nervous.  I did manage to make them a heart filled Valentine lunch.  They had a PB&Apple butter heart sandwich with a fruit leather heart, sour cream and onion corn puffs, heart shaped marshmallows, frozen raspberries and frozen yogurt hearts, a Cutie and a special Valentine chex mix that we made to send to Jef.  There was just a little leftover so I saved it for them.  Not pictured was a sweet note I wrote on a Valentine napkin for them.
For Friday I was really feeling the need for some warm, sunny weather.  I sent the girls their favorite "snack plate" with pepperoni slices, crackers, a Laughing Cow cheese for Kaitlyn and a cheese stick for Hannah, cucumber slices, grape tomatoes, yogurt with frozen raspberries, a butterfly muffin, Go Go Squeez, and a Mini Dipper with Vanilla Macaroon Granola from our Nature Box.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment