Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Love

This is probably my favorite time of year.  The weather is changing, the light is changing, and everything is beginning its winter slowdown.  Fall on the east coast is lovely.  I grew up in the desert southwest and while I love it there, cacti do change colors in the fall.  The leaves are just starting to change for us here and soon I will be cussing the same said leaves because I have to rake them all up.  But for now we are looking forward to Halloween.  I love Halloween.  I remember the excitement of picking out a costume, carving jack-o-lanterns, trick or treating, helping hand out candy and my mom's popcorn balls.  I don't even have to think hard to remember that smell.  I've only made them once and I still am reminded to this day of the burns my husband sustained while helping me.  Oops!  Our girls love Halloween too.  They love the decorations, getting to wear a costume, of course candy, and our yearly trip to the pumpkin patch for this year's jack-o-lanterns.  On Sunday after church we headed out to get our pumpkins. We have gone to the same pumpkin patch for the last 3 or 4 years and its a lot of fun.

Kaitlyn loves the little pumpkins but always settles on a big one.

Hannah does not make decisions quickly for anything.  She wants the perfect one.



There are lots of fun decorations around the pumpkin patch along with Halloween decorations to purchase, gourds and all the interesting looking pumpkins, hayrides and refreshments.  

 The girls and I loved these funny guys.  Their eyes light up and they play their banjos. That song you just started singing in your head, yep that's the one they play.  Hilarious!

Another successful day of pumpkin picking.


2 comments:

  1. Where do y'all go? I don't recognize the backdrops. We need a good place to "bookmark" for next year. I want to make a family trip of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wi;ll have to look it up again. I can never remember it. Its up in Williamsburg.

      Delete