Thursday, October 24, 2013

Apple Picking Time

This past weekend we packed up early and headed out of town to the mountains.  It was a much needed break from the craziness that is home.  October always seems to be so busy and this was the little bit of sanity that we all needed.  I learn new things everyday about being a mom and an adult for that matter.  I have learned over the last couple of years that the only way I can give all of myself to my husband and girls is to go out of town.  I don't think "stay cations" work well for me.  I love being at home but even if we are all here trying to relax I am thinking of all the things that need to be done or I should be doing.  Sunday was a great day for apple picking.  It was rather busy but the weather was great and we all had a great time.

Our first stop is always at the barn for apple cider donuts.  The are so warm, melty and delicious.


After the donuts we grab our bags and map to go pick our apples.  



Last year we went apple picking earlier in the month so the apples were low enough to stand and grab.  This year our picking looked like this...

Jef held the girls up so they could pick and I may have climbed a tree or two. Shhhh. 
We had a lot of fun and I now have lots of apple for apple butter, apple sauce, apple pie, and anything else apple.  I'm so glad we got to go and can't wait for next year's trip.
I sure do love these 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment