Friday, April 5, 2013

W.I.P(S)

I have a little A.D.D. when it comes to projects.  Some projects I can start and finish without any issues but then there are those other projects that I need to take a break from.  I'm not one to sit still or to have idle hands so I find other projects to fill in the gap. Thus a pile of Works In Progress.


I have been working on the mermaids for Kaitlyn's quilt for at least a year.  I have finished 11 and am getting ready to start the last one. I will  finally be able to get everything cut, pieced together, and sewn up.  She has been in need of a room make-over for some time now.
This is the pile of quilt squares for Hannah's quilt.  I chose to applique Hannah's butterflies instead of embroidery them (I do have a few sane moments).  I still need to take them to the machine and zigzag them and do a small amount of embroidery for antenna and such.
I cut this out last year.  I know.  It is a really cute dress pattern but ended up being much more fussy than I enjoy.  In fact I think when I started sewing on them I had to rip out the yoke twice. Ripping out seams does not a happy mama make.  I HAVE to sew them up soon or the girls will have outgrown them before they get a chance to wear them.  
Aren't they sweet?  But oh, look at all those ends to weave in not to mention having to sew all 143 of them together and edge it.  It seems to be baby season around here and these precious little gems are destined to a sweet friend at church that is having a little girl.  I can't wait to see it all put together. Only 100 more to go. 
I started this a few days ago. (See what I mean, A.D.D).  A couple from church is trying to adopt their first child.  She mentioned the other day that the colors of the nursery were grey, yellow and white.  I knew immediately what I wanted to do for her.  Thankfully this particular project is working up really quickly.  Whew!
I made a little stop into Jo-Ann's today to sit and look at the pattern books.  Its really a shame how few patterns there are for girls in the "tween" stage.  I guess most girls at that age do not want their mothers to sew for them. I guess I will be trolling the internet for vintage patterns.  I found a few for myself that I am excited to try.  Anyhoo, Tutti Fruitti Fabric was on sale and I love the way it washes and wears.  This year the selection was great.  I came away with a yard of each for either shorts or a quick skirt to sew for the girls.  A trip to Target or somewhere for a solid color shirt and we have a few new summer outfits.  

I have 2 more items to start for people that are either adopting or currently pregnant but those will have to wait.  Maybe...

2 comments:

  1. Would you feel better if I posted all my WIP's? Namely, the bathroom curtain I started a YEAR ago! I took all the little crochet circle motifs I'd made and chained them together into a bunting. It's now actually hanging in the girls' room. I need to update my WIP excel spreadsheet. Yes, I do have one - thank you very much. And new Tutti-Frutti is on my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need a spreadsheet too. I find a few other WIPS after I posted this. So sad.

      Delete